TIP OF THE MONTH
6 Space-Saving Tips
These strategies will open up the space you need to tackle tough genealogical challenges.
1. Search online for digitized versions of large genealogy
reference books and old county and family histories.
2. Purge papers you don’t need and set up a filing system for the rest.
3. There’s no need to print all your scanned photos (as long
as you’ve backed up your digital files). Instead, print a
few cherished images for display.
4. Digitize your genealogy materials whenever possible: Opt for
digital conference syllabi and purchase back issues of magazines
5. Shop for storage boxes sized to fit oddly shaped heirlooms.
6. Don’t mix your family history materials and heirlooms with
general clutter, or meaningful items could get accidentally